Welcome to Vale School
Vale School is one of the county's leading primary schools, offering a rich and exciting curriculum for children living in the Worthing area. The school opened in the 1950s and has continually sought to provide the best opportunities for our pupils to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
If you are considering Vale School for your child, then we hope you find the contents of our website helpful. A good place to start would be to watch our videos. However, you will only get a full picture of our school by visiting us and seeing us in action. Please contact the school office and make an appointment to have a look around, meet some of the children, and find out for yourself what makes Vale such a great school.
As headteacher, I believe passionately in the importance of the individual. Every child at Vale School is valued and is encouraged to develop their talents to the full in a community where every achievement, however small, is celebrated.
Our aims and values support us in our ambition to see every child leave Vale School with a love of learning and with the skills, knowledge and character needed to succeed. If this ethos appeals to you and your child, then Vale School would be the right school for you. I do hope I have the pleasure of meeting you soon.
Valuing All Learners Equally
Statement of Aims
- To enable children to be motivated, effective and independent life long learners.
- To provide an environment that caters for the needs of the individual child, nurturing their all round development and enabling them to play a positive role in the wider community.
- To provide a stimulating and enjoyable curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and which shows progression and continuity.
Our Aims will be achieved by nurturing:
- Know more, can do more and remember more
- Have enquiring minds and are creative, resourceful and able to identify and solve problems
- Communicate and collaborate well
- Enjoy learning and are motivated to achieve the best they can now and in the future
Reach age related expectations at each of the statutory assessment points (Early Years, Year 1 phonics, Key Stage 1, Year 4 Multiplication, Key Stage 2)
- Have a sense of self-worth and personal identity
- Become increasingly independent, are able to take the initiative and organise themselves
- Make healthy lifestyle choices
- Take managed risks and stay safe
- Recognise their talents and have ambitions
- Are willing to try new things and make the most of opportunities
- Are confident to transition to the next stage of their education
- Respect others, act with integrity and distinguish right from wrong
- Understand cultures and traditions, and have a strong sense of their own place in the world
- Challenge injustice and are committed to human rights
- Sustain and improve the environment, locally and globally
- Know, understand and demonstrate our values both within school and the wider community
We are honest & true
We aim to go beyond our best
We appreciate others, what we have, and the world around us
We respect adults and celebrate our differences
More can be achieved together than apart