The behaviour observed around the school has always been exceptional.
(Parent of Year 1 pupil)
Our school behaviour plan focuses on:
- A strong emphasis on recognising and rewarding good behaviour
- Dealing with poor behaviour calmly, fairly, and consistently across the school.
- Having a system where everyone knows where they stand
- Where we all know:
- What the rules are
- What happens when pupils follow these rules
- What happens when they choose to misbehave
We foster a caring culture based on mutual respect, co-operation and support. Inappropriate behaviour is dealt with promptly and firmly. The children are expected to have high expectations of themselves and are encouraged to work together to make Vale School a safe learning environment for all.
We have six school rules:
Think of Others
Take Care of our School
To celebrate the children's good behaviour we award them house points, headteacher awards and during the year we send home certificates and postcards to let parents know about their child's excellent behaviour.
There are occasions when children get involved in activities that we would identify as bullying. These are dealt with swiftly, working with all parties involved, including parents.
For more information please see our behaviour policy on the policies page.
I have been very impressed with the high standards of behaviour at the Vale.
(Parent with a child in Year 1)