Home learning in Early Years
In Early Years there are opportunities for home learning throughout the year.
- Take away tasks – Home Learning Opportunities provide activities linked to the learning we are doing in school.
- Sound books – These come home in the first term to help practise the phonemes we are learning at school.
- Reading books – Children have choosy books from the first day of school and soon begin differentiated reading books.
- Red words are given to children as they gain confidence with reading. These are the high frequency, ‘Stop and think’ words
- We also have class aliens that will visit every child over the school year!