We encourage all children at Vale School to wear the school uniform, and we ask for your support in ensuring that children come to school in uniform. Items of uniform are available from many providers including Marks and Spencer, First4uniform, Broadwater Sports or Tesco.com.
A full list is given below:
- White blouse (shirt type)
- White blouse with revere collar (summer only)
- White polo shirt with school logo (summer only)
- School tie with the child's house colour stripe
- Dark green V-neck jersey or cardigan with school logo
- White socks or black tights
- Grey tunic, trousers or skirt
- Summer dress, dark green & white check (summer only)
- Sensible shoes, low heeled and dark in colour
- White shirt
- School tie with child's house colour stripe
- White polo shirt with logo (summer only)
- Dark green V-neck jersey with logo
- Dark grey school trousers/shorts
- Grey socks
- Sensible shoes, dark in colour
PE and Games Kit
- Dark green shorts with child's house colour stitched to seam (ribbons can be purchased from the school office)
- White, round necked, wicking T-shirt with logo
- Plimsolls for children in Early Years, Year 1 & 2
- Trainers for children in Years 3 - 6
- Bottle green reversible waterproof fleece with logo
- Black tracksuit trousers
- PE bag - preferably bottle green with logo
- Black hooded sweatshirt with logo (and optional house colour VALE on reverse)
All of the above items can be bought online at the following outlets:
Having the logo on jumpers, cardigans and polo shirts is optional.
All other items of uniform can be purchased from any clothing store.
Alternatively, our Friends of the Vale team sell pre-loved items of uniform for all ages and year groups. Click here to visit their page of our website for further information.
Children are allowed to wear the polo shirt,/summer dress option during the summer term and the first half of the autumn term. Pupils are expected to wear a shirt and house tie for the rest of the year.
Pupils are expected to have appropriate hairstyles at all times. It should be tidy and of a suitable length. If hair is past shoulder-length, it should be tied back off the face. Hair should NOT be dyed bright colours. A completely shaved head is deemed inappropriate for school.